English for Healthcare Professionals
The module “English for Healthcare Professionals“ is designed to improve the communication skills of healthcare professionals, enabling them to work more confidently and effectively with english speaking patients or clients.
With an emphasis on speaking, the course covers the core areas of healthcare professionals with authentic tasks and activities based on everyday scenarios.
Das Modul „English for Healthcare Professionals“ wird überwiegend in englischer Sprache durchgeführt. Das Modul wird Online am SZ Nürnberg angeboten.
Credit Points dieses Moduls lassen sich in folgenden Studiengängen anrechnen:
- Part I
- A Brief History of Nursing in the UK: Florence Nightingale; The Professional Caring +Role of Nurses in the UK; The British Nursing Hierarchy
- Patient Admission
- Patient Complaints
- The National Early Warning Score (NEWS) – with a Focus on Cardiovascular Disorders
- Routine an Basic Nursing Care
- Respiratory Problems (in Nursing)
- Part II
- Diabetes Care and Management
- Nursing and Treatment for Cardiovascular Disorders
- Preoperative Assessment
- Postoperative Assessment and Wound Management
- The ABCDE of Trauma
- Handover and SBAR
- Patient Discharge
- Patient Care with Compassion
- Drug Charts, Doctors´ and Nurses´ Notes, Medical Abbreviations – A Challenge!
- Essential Grammar
- Review of the Tenses
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- The Finer Things – Modals and Tags
- Gerunds and Infinitives
- Relative Clauses
- Phrasal Verbs & Business Collocations